Gowan Science Academy provides a challenging inquiry-based Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) curriculum to maximize individual potential and ensure students thrive in a global community. Gowan Science Academy offers a fast-paced, rigorous curriculum for grades kindergarten - 8th.
Gowan Science Academy's admission process is driven by the Crane School District. As an Open Enrollment Public School through the Crane School District, we accept applications from all students within Yuma County.
We are currently at capacity and have a waitlist for all grade levels for the 2023-24 school year. If you are interested in the next school year please read below for further details.
Admission and Application Information
- Since more students register for a place in the school, than there are spaces available, students are selected for admission by random lottery.
- Students must first apply before being accepted and enrolled.
- There are no entrance exams, interviews, costs, or special requirements. We are completely tuition-free.
- We value diversity as a critical part of our school culture. We welcome all applicants from Yuma County. Seats are available at all grade levels, but Kindergarten is the main point of entry.
- An application must be submitted prior to enrollment.
- The lottery application window for the 2024-25 school year will open on December 1, 2023.
- The lottery application deadline is always February 15th.
- All applications received after February 15th will be placed on a waiting list on a first-come/first-serve basis.
- Students must reapply for the lottery each year if they are waitlisted.
- Each year the waitlist is redrawn.
- Once a student is admitted, they do not have to reapply each year, they retain enrollment until they are promoted or withdraw.
To qualify for the selection process, fully completed applications must be submitted by Thursday, February 15, 2024. Completed applications can be emailed to Bernice Villarreal at [email protected] or faxed to (928) 539-1299. If you have any questions or to schedule a tour, please call us at (928) 539-1200.
*We cannot make predictions on the chances of enrollment for your child as each year the number of applications we receive and the number of students who withdraw changes.